604 GM Chevy Crate Engine, 350 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.72:1 Compression Ratio
**$175 shipping included in price
Run up front with the 400-horsepower CT400 crate engine (often referred to as the "604 crate") featuring Fast Burn heads from GM Performance Parts. Now, JF2 is offering this 604 crate engine as a dyno-verified package that is ready to race!
These GM-sealed 604 crate engines are based on the popular Fast Burn 385 street crate engine, but include a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with dual kick-out design, along with a valve cover breather kit and special "kool nut" rocker arm design. The assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold and 1.5:1-ratio aluminum roller rockers.
The 604 crate engine includes a bulletproof bottom end, anchored by a forged steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons. The 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power in the small-block V-8 because of a unique chamber design that quickly and completely burns all of the air/fuel mixture – giving you maximum power. With the CT400 racing engine under the hood of your Modified or Late Model, you'll put a "fast burn" on the competition.
- Dyno-verified horsepower and torque
- Piston rings are broken-in using a proprietary dyno program
- Lash and timing are individually tuned
- Engine is ready to race, right out of the crate
- GM-sealed for equal competition
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
- 400 HP 5500 RPM
- 400 ft. lbs. of torque 4500 RPM
- 4.00" x 3.48" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression ratio
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .474" intake / .510" exhaust
- Cam duration .050": 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms
- 2.00" Intake / 1.55" Exhaust valves
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers w/ breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8 quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- Spark plugs
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- GM seals
- Dyno sheet of your engine
*Check track/series rules for approved applications.
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter, water pump, distributor, and plug wires (not included).
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only - not intended for street use.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations