350 Chevy Small Block V8, 350 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.0:1 Compression Ratio
**$175 shipping included in price
GM Performance’s unique Ram Jet 350 combines the classic look of the original Rochester mechanical injection system with the dependability and optimized performance of contemporary port fuel injection. It’s the perfect combination for a resto-mod hot rod, producing 345 hp and 396 lb.-ft. of torque, to get down the highway!
A cast-iron engine block is matched with a durable rotating assembly that delivers a pump-gas-friendly 9.0:1 compression ratio, as well as a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft that complements power delivery with a great idle quality. The engine’s unique intake manifold and plenum is 9.75 inches tall, offering plenty of clearance to fit under the hood of most vehicles without modifications.
The Ram Jet 350 crate engine kit includes a MEFI 4 engine controller, wiring harness and a detailed instruction guide to make adding this retro-style EFI system a complete DIY project. Additional components are required, including a high-pressure fuel pump and front-end accessory drive system.
- Chevy Small-Block V-8
- 350 displacement
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
- Block: Cast-iron with 2-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Cast-iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .431 intake/.451 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 196° intake/206° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec iron; 64cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 1.940 intake/1.500 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1 nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,200
- Balanced: External
- Intake Manifold: Ram Jet PFI design
- Comes with externally balanced, manual transmission flywheel; change to externally balanced flexplate for automatic transmission applications.
- Installer to supply 12-volt power source and fuel pump
- See instructions for fuel pump recommendation
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- IMPORTANT! For a safe, proper and trouble-free engine break-in, the MEFI 4 computer has a “green” mode that controls rpm during the break-in period. During this period, engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm in the first hour, 4,500 rpm in the second hour and 5,200 rpm in the third hour
*Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations