350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
The GM Performance big-torque SP383 is more powerful than ever. Revised cylinder heads have been added that incorporate a new, high-rpm valvetrain to help the SP383 produce 435 horsepower and 445 lb.-ft. of torque. The new, lightweight aluminum cylinder head casting is based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55- inch valves.
The SP383 is built with a brand-new block with four-bolt mains. It also features a forged steel crankshaft, an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft and durable, high-silicon pistons. Unique valve covers distinguish the engine from previous versions and it now includes a high-flow, aluminum intake manifold! Use the Holley 770-cfm four-barrel carburetor P/N 19170093 to make the most of the engine's capability and achieve the listed horsepower and torque ratings.
- New Cast-Iron Cylinder Block with 4-Bolt Mains
- Aluminum Fast Burn Cylinder Heads
- Single-Plane Aluminum High-Rise Intake
- Aluminum Roller Rocker Arms – 1.5:1
- Forged Steel Stroker Crankshaft
- Hydraulic Roller-Style Camshaft with .509"/.528" Lift
- Cam duration at .050": 220° intake / 230° exhaust
- 2.00" Intake and 1.55" Exhaust Valves
- Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a
24-Month or 50,000-Mile/80,000-Kilometer Limited
- Horsepower was developed with a 770 cfm Holley carburetor, P/N 19170093 (not included)
- Requires addition of carburetor, ignition, fuel pump and starter (not included)
- Comes with 12.750 automatic transmission flexplate. Requires 1986-1999 350-style externally balanced flywheel for manual transmissions
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with longblocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations