350 Chevy Small Block V8, 604 GM Chevy Crate Engine, 350 cu. in. Engine Displacement
**$175 shipping included in price
Run up front with the 400-horsepower CT400 crate engine featuring GM Fast Burn heads! GM Performance Parts' Fast Burn cylinder heads are the fast way to the winner's circle – and they're standard on the 350/400 GM racing engine (often referred to as the "604 crate") from GM Performance Parts.
These IMCA-sealed 604 crate engines, formerly sold as Chevrolet Performance 88869604, are based on the popular Fast Burn 385 street crate engine, but include a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with dual kick-out design, along with a valve cover breather kit and special "kool nut" rocker arm design. The assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold and 1.5:1-ratio aluminum roller rockers.
The 604 crate engine includes a bulletproof bottom end, anchored by a forged steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons. The 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power in the small-block V-8 because of a unique chamber design that quickly and completely burns all of the air/fuel mixture – giving you maximum power. With the CT400 racing engine under the hood of your Modified or Late Model, you'll put a "fast burn" on the competition.
- High-revving matched components
- A fraction of the price of a custom engine
- Sealed with IMCA-issued bolts and is approved for use in IMCA
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
- 400 HP @ 5500 RPM
- 400 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
- 4.00" x 3.48" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression ratio
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .474" intake / .510" exhaust
- Cam duration @ .050": 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms
- 2.00" Intake / 1.55" Exhaust valves
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers w/ breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8 quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- Spark plugs
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- IMCA-approved seal kit
*Check track/series rules for approved applications.
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter, water pump, distributor, and plug wires (not included). See our "dressed" and dynoed version of this engine.
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only - not intended for street use.
WarrantiesGM Performance Parts Racing Crate Engines are excluded from the limited warranty.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar laws/regulations